At our Haverhill EUROAPI operation, we work passionately to develop, manufacture, and supply Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient Solutions for our healthcare partners around the world. In addition, we offer a range of spray drying services at different scales; we act as a secondary label, pack, test and release operation and we offer a contract QC and QA service for drug products imported for the UK market .
As part of the global EUROAPI business, we leverage our industrial expertise and experience to deliver solutions that meet the highest quality, social and environmental requirements – all while ensuring stakeholder satisfaction.
The Haverhill site was purchased in 1982 and has two large-scale chemistry manufacturing plants which were designed to international pharmaceutical standards. These plants manufacture two active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), Sevelamer Hydrochloride and Sevelamer Carbonate, which are the active ingredients in Renagel® and Renvela® drug products, respectively. Our continuous API manufacturing process allows us to produce large volumes of our product, which is spray-dried, at high quality and consistency. To our best knowledge, these are the largest pharma spray dryers in the world.
In addition to API activities, the Haverhill site is also able to offer:
- A smaller scale spray drying facility. We offer a service to the clients of Catalent pharma, which involves the technical transfer activities, scale up and manufacturing service, including quality control, for Catalent.
- A testing, label and packaging centre for Secondary Operations, for a number the Sanofi’s rare disease, transplant and oncology products. Our Secondary Packaging services include: Small Volume Packaging Lines and Qualified Person Release
- A contract Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA) service for testing and/or release of products for the UK market. Our QC Testing capabilities and scope of services include: Commercial Testing for drug products, API and raw materials; UK contract Testing and Release for importation into the UK market; analytical method validation and verification; managing analytical transfers and microbiological Testing
EUROAPI’s Global strategy
- Accelerate our activities as a Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization, through our dedicated team, our six on-site R&D centres of excellence and our 6 top tier manufacturing sites with launching units.
2. Expand our technological platforms and our presence in highly differentiated complex APIs, with a special focus on Tides and highly potent APIs.
- Develop our existing product portfolio through innovative line extension, client insights on major pharmaceuticals markets and manufacturing capabilities to flourish projects.
- Realize operational efficiencies through industrial performance, procurement excellence, inventory management and capex optimization.
With approximately €1 billion in expected sales in 2022, EUROAPI will rank #1 in small molecule APIs, and our strong innovation and R&D capabilities allow us to accelerate our development in more complex molecules’ segments through CDMO.
Counting approximately 200 APIs, EUROAPI offers one of the largest portfolios in the industry, addressing a wide population of patients and providing global coverage for more than 80 countries.
If you would like to learn more about Haverhill’s capabilities please make visit our website at www.euroapi.com