Please see below the current vacancies for Suffolk Chamber of Commerce and our partners.
C140 Project Volunteers:
The C140 project, celebrating 140 years of Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, is entering into its second phase. We’re looking for five more volunteers to join the existing team to help research themes within the Chamber archive and our wider archive. Themes include:
- Impact of the First and Second World Wars
- Infrastructure: issues around road and rail transport, communications (such as the postage delays in 1884 right through to internet ‘not-spots’ today)
- International trade: how the chamber has promoted trade and how it’s changed over 140 years
- Changes in retail practice: buy local schemes, out of town shopping and later on the impact of the internet and home delivery
- Health and illness: responses to global pandemics such as the Spanish Flu in 1918/19 and Covid-19
- Education and skills: the role of businesses in receiving and preparing young people for employment and adult learners
You’ll be working alongside our dedicated C140 team who will be giving you guidance for the research. Thank you to those volunteers who have already supported this project on phase one.
If you would like to know more or join this project, please email Molly Williams email@example.com