Suffolk Chamber awarded Youth Pledge Marque, encourages others to apply
The leading voice for the business community in Suffolk has been awarded the Youth Pledge Marque from New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP).
Launched in July 2016 New Anglia LEP encourages businesses to nominate themselves to receive the Marque. The Marque is awarded to businesses who can make a pledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Apprenticeships – a pledge to increase the number of apprenticeships offered in the next 12 months or to continue to employ apprentices at a ratio of 2% of their workforce
- Work Experience -a pledge to increase the number of work experience placements offered in the next 12 months or to continue to offer at least one work experience placement per year per 25 employees
- New Anglia Enterprise Adviser Network – a pledge that one or more employees will become, or continue to be, involved in the Enterprise Adviser Network, where senior business leaders work with schools and colleges to ensure strong links with their local business community and industry sectors.As part of its commitment to the scheme, Suffolk Chamber of Commerce plans to employ two apprentices (over 5% of its workforce) over the next 12 months, offer work experience opportunities to four young people and through its Young Chamber initiative ensure that as many senior businesspeople engage with the 12 participating schools in the scheme as possible.Any business interested in the Youth Pledge Marque scheme should go to http://www.newanglia.co.uk/new-anglia-youth-pledge-marque for full details and to nominate their business now!
- The Marque is free and will give you the chance to publicly demonstrate a business’s commitment and encourage other employers to do the same.
- “We are such strong supporters of the Youth Pledge Marque that we hope to encourage as many of our members to sign up to it” added Ashleigh Seymour-Rutherford who is also an Enterprise Adviser working with Copleston School.
- According to Suffolk Chamber’s Ashleigh Seymour-Rutherford “as an employer we are committed to offering meaningful opportunities to younger workers and students in as many of our activities as possible. We are, therefore, fully committed to the principles behind the Youth Pledge Marque”.
Suffolk Chamber will be displaying the Youth Pledge Marque logo on its website and marketing material.