Article by Park City Consulting Ltd on 05/12/19
A brief description of the course;
- The aim of this workshop is to give delegates knowledge of the COSHH Regulations and the information necessary to recognise hazardous substances within these regulations and to be able to be knowledgeable of risk assessments and controls.
- Background to, and aims of the COSHH regulations
- What are hazardous substances
- What chemicals do you use in your workplace
- Hazard symbols
- Basic requirements of COSHH regulations
- Where is a COSHH assessment required
- What information is required to carry out a COSHH assessment
- Basic steps involved in COSHH assessment, including: Assessing the risk; Control measures; Records; Training and briefing
- Health Surveillance
- Emergency Planning
A brief description of benefits and advantages to be gained;
· All employees working with substances hazardous to health.