Omnis Software is recruiting Two Software Support Engineers
Due to the continued growth and success we are currently seeking 2 x full time Software Support Engineers at our offices in Saxmundham, Suffolk.
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Software Support Engineer or recent graduate to join an established software house and provider of ‘Omnis Studio’, an advanced, cross-platform development tool for building desktop, web and mobile applications.
You will be an important part of a small team, so you will have the chance to make a real difference, helping customers to effectively use our software in a variety of business environments.
The important criteria for joining our support team are:
- Good analytical skills, demonstrating the ability to break down complex problems and a desire to get to the bottom of things.
- Rich technical skills and understanding of 4GL programming languages and scripting
- Confidence to operate in a customer facing role, with excellent communication and phone manners.
- Detail-oriented, diligent and with the ability to multi-task and follow through on multiple cases.
- Ability to work with minimal direction, pick up new concepts and technologies quickly are highly desirable.
- An eagerness and ability to learn, both on your own and from more experienced members of the team.
- Good problem-solving skills and a logical approach.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and use initiative.
- Passionate, curious and excited by new technology and the tech industry, with a desire to develop your skills.
- Hands-on experience of scripting & programming languages.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting on Windows, macOS and Linux platforms.
- Basic understanding and experience of databases and SQL.
- Solid understanding of networks and networking protocols.
The position will involve:
- Getting to understand our product Omnis Studio and its proprietary programming language.
- Communicating with customers on software support issues via phone and email
- Documenting your work.
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies.
Along with your CV, please describe what attracts you to the position, what you feel you can offer Omnis Software and any achievements that you are particularly proud of.
Please email your application to: