Great opportunity to join fast growing company - SaveMoneyCutCarbon is hiring a new Head of Sales
To lead and manage the Sales Teams currently two sub teams, field-based and desk-based:
· Developing and executing the Company’s strategic plan to achieve sales and profit targets and expand our customer base
· Owning and exceeding annual sales and profit targets within assigned territory’s and accounts
· Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
· Identifying and reporting on business opportunities in target markets
· Representing the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events
· Maximising new business development opportunities
· Developing the sales teams aligned with our culture of Good to Great
· Increasing sales
· Increase the customer LTV
· Developing sales strategies and setting targets and KPIs
· Setting activity and revenue targets for members of the sales team.
· Reaching the targets and goals set for each team
· Establishing, maintaining and expanding SMCC customer base
· Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
· Increasing business opportunities through various routes to market
· Allocating areas to RSMs
· Monitoring your team's performance and motivating them to reach targets
· Compiling and analysing sales figures
· Possibly dealing with some major customer accounts yourself
· Collecting customer feedback and market research
· Keeping up to date with products and competitors
· Motivating the sales team to achieve the best results possible
· Continual training and development of all members of the sales department.
· Attending key meetings with members of the sales team
· Working on account management plans with the Regional Sales Managers
· Identifying key areas for improvement in the sales process
· Attending monthly meetings with other OMT members of the business
· Reporting to senior managers
· All aspects of recruitment and selection for the sales department
· Attending industry events and conferences to generate new business leads
· Acting as a spokesperson for the organisation at sales events and conferences
· Networking with other senior executives to generate new business for the company
· Monthly reporting on sales performance against budget and reporting on variances.
· At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions
· Contribute to improving the business, protecting and enhancing the reputation of the company, by putting forward new ideas and, when requested to do so, implementing change
To be part of our team you will be:
· Proactive, driven and enthusiastic in all things sales
· Accountable and solution focused
· Happy to work under your own initiative and with others
· Entrepreneurial in your approach to working, not afraid to try new things
· Able to confidently present your findings on how the business can improve
· Self-aware and Emotionally Intelligent
· You'll need a proven record in sales and meeting or exceeding targets, and previous sales management experience would be an advantage. Experience in the energy sector is not required as we will provide training in our products and in-house sales administration systems.
· Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
· Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of our value proposition
· Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
· Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Good business sense and acumen
· Strong grasp of sales intelligence and analysis
· Strong leadership skills and an ability to inspire sales teams. The ability to motivate, lead and coach individuals and your teams
· Excellent communication and 'people skills'
· High attention to detail with good planning and organisational skills
· Continuous Improvement with a personal development mindset
· Good IT, budget and report writing skills
· A full driving licence
Key Competencies, Skills and Behaviours.
· Interpersonal skills and Relationship building
· Communication skills – written and verbal. Listening skills
· Collaboration and Teamwork. Works effectively with a variety of different people, treats all colleagues with respect, courtesy and in a professional manner and is supportive regardless of differing opinions
· Solution focus - Problem analysis and problem solving.
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Capable user of MS Office programmes including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Adaptable and flexible
· Resilient - Is flexible to adjust plans to cope with the unexpected. The ability to work calmly under pressure
· Demonstrates initiative and delivers co-ordinated approach to problem solving for the customer, especially when liaising with other depts and follows up with others until the issue is addressed and closed
· Focuses on Company requirements as well as team requirements when assisting customers and in turn seeking mutually beneficial solutions for the Company and the Customer.
Typically, you'll work 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. However, you may have to work longer when necessary. You'll be office-based and will need to take part in out-of-office activities such as visiting your sales team’s customers, and own customers, attending exhibitions, trade fairs and conferences.
What do we offer in return?
· A competitive salary, pension scheme, life assurance and other benefits
· Company car
· Easy access offices, just off the A14, with on-site parking
· The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, local company with a national presence (and beyond!)
Reports to: COO
These are illustrative duties and the post holder will be expected to undertake all other tasks required for the proper functioning of the department and the Company.