DSE Assessor Training
A brief description of the course;
· Recognition of hazards and risks associated with DSE
· The causes of harm brought about by poor posture and equipment set-up
· How to bring problems to the notice of the company
· About the DSE Regulations, especially relating to eyesight, rest periods and the workstation
· How to contribute to the assessments
· What the user can do to prevent harm
· Posture and the need for posture change.
· Adjustment of equipment and furniture.
· Use and arrangement of the workstation to aid good posture, prevent over-reaching and avoid glare and reflections.
· The need for regular cleaning of screens and equipment.
· The need to take breaks or change of activity
A brief description of benefits and advantages to be gained;
· Assessment: Every employer to assess the risks to health and safety from using DSE by users and operators
· Action: Reduce the risks identified to the lowest extent that is reasonably practicable
· Review: When no longer valid, or a significant change