Charity Treasurer Required
We are an independent charity that has been supporting the community of Waveney with quality assured advice for over 50 years. In the last finacial year we supported more than 4,200 people and dealt with over 16,000 issues that helped them move on in their lives.
The main duties of the Treasurer opportunity are;
Guiding and advising the board in the approval of budgets, accounts and financial statements, within a relevant financial policy framework
· Keeping the Board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities
· Advising on the financial implications of the charity's strategic plans and key assumptions in the operational plan and annual budget
· Ensuring that all Board members have a clear understanding of the accounts presented at meetings and the implications that they reveal
· Understanding the accounting procedures and key internal controls to be able to assure the Board that the charity's financial integrity is sound
· Ensuring that a realistic budget is produced which meets all the charity's needs and that there is an appropriate reserves policy
· Monitoring the income and expenditure position, and presenting reports to the board at least quarterly, in a format accessible to the board members
· Ensuring that full financial records are kept for all transactions, and that proper financial procedures and controls are in place to safeguard resources
· Ensuring that money received is only spent on the purposes for which it was given, and, where required, ensuring that reports and accounts demonstrating this are submitted to funders
· Ensuring that accounts are prepared at year-end in compliance with the SORP Accounting for Charities and making arrangements for them to be audited or independently examined
· Ensuring that annual accounts are submitted to the Charity Commission and/or Registrar of Companies, within the deadlines set
· Presenting the accounts at the AGM and drawing attention to important points in a coherent and understandable way
· Liaising with the management about financial matters
The ideal candidate will have
•experience or knowledge of charity finance, fundraising and pension schemes
•the skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
•willingness to be available to staff to provide advice and guidance on financial matters.
This is a really important role on our Board and we look forward to meeting any applicants interested in joining us.
In the first instance please just send through your contact details to email@example.com and the Chair of Trustees will email you back to arrange a meeting where you learn more about the role and about us.
We look forward to meeting you.