Article by on 15/04/15
Stuck for inspiration of where to go this year? Here are the top 10 holiday hotspots for 2015.
- Spain. As well as the family friendly Balearics and the club scene in Ibiza, you also have the Canary Islands and the lesser known Northern Spain which is mainly overlooked by tourists. Almost deserted beaches, rolling countryside, buzzy medieval towns and cycling holidays in Catalonia.
- France. From the Alps to the beaches along the Mediterranean, France really does have it all. Cycling, cosmopolitan cities, vineyards, river cruising or even try a stunning French Château.
- Greece. Holidays in Greece are all about simplicity, the whitewashed villas, the friendly tavernas, the hot sun and blue seas. Each island has it's own personality and there is an island to suit everyone.
- USA. New York. New England, for it's spectacular colours in the fall. Florida for the worlds largest theme parks. California, the land of the rich and famous, and you also have the Grand Canyon, not forgetting several National Parks as well.
- Great Britain. We forget about our own little gem of an island. Beautiful beaches, stunning mountains in Scotland, beautiful countryside in Wales, the Yorkshire dales and the Lake district, not forgetting Northern Island as well. Something to suit everyone.
- Italy. Ancient culture, great beaches, fantastic food and charming people. The lakes, medieval towns, Sicily, Sardinia and Sorrento, and who could possibly forget Rome?
- Turkey. With its endless Aegean coastline, Turkey has some of Europe’s finest beaches, many of which remain relatively unspoilt. And you’re rarely far from a magnificent Roman ruin or majestic mosque. Or a trip to Istanbul, where you can take a ferry ride over to Asia, or even try a gulet cruise for a holiday with a difference.
- Egypt. Historic treasures, Nile cruises or some of the best snorkelling in the Red Sea area.
- Croatia.The pristine coastline of Croatia is among the most beautiful in the world, featuring the historic city of Dubrovnik, the tiny neighbouring island of Montenegro or the wonderful Plitvice lakes.
- Thailand. The land of smiles. Something for everyone, from backpackers to honeymooners. Pristine beaches, great food, friendly people, culture and all within a reasonable budget.