Ipswich Borough Council
Ipswich is one of the fastest growing urban centres in the east of England. We believe our town has a lot going for it and we are doing all that we can to attract more investment.
Major regeneration projects and developments continue to take place right across the town, including:
- The Waterfront, the focus of the region's biggest single regeneration project worth in excess of £1billion;
- The Education Quarter, with a rejuvenated Suffolk New College and the brand new University Campus Suffolk;
- Plans for a £50million flood defence system;
- The Westgate Centre in the town centre;
- Major housing developments such as that on Ranelagh Road, linking to Ipswich Village with a brand new footbridge;
- The continued development of the successful Ravenswood residential area;
- The continued development of Ipswich's major business and industrial estate - Ransomes Europark.
We work to support Ipswich businesses, helping them to grow and succeed. We are pleased to work with our partners such as the Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, Ipswich Central, the Haven Gateway Partnership and Regional Cities East to help Ipswich businesses and to promote the town.
The Council works hard to help residents, businesses and visitors benefit from Ipswich and all it has to offer. For example:
- We manage sports services in the borough through Team Ipswich - www.teamipswich.com;
- We organise a popular annual arts festival - www.ip-art.com;
- We run the Ipswich Regent theatre and Corn Exchange - www.ipswichregent.com;
- We manage the Town Hall Galleries - www.townhallgalleries.org.uk;
- We run a successful Tourist Information Centre in the town centre - www.visit-ipswich.com;
- We work with Colchester Borough Council through the Colchester and Ipswich Museum Service to manage Christchurch Mansion and Ipswich High Street Museum;
- We deliver a comprehensive housing advice, benefits and managed tenancy service.