The 5th CBBC China Outbound Conference Shenzhen
According to China’s Ministry ofCommerce, Chinese overseas direct investment reached 170.1 billion USD in 2016, up 44% from the previous year. In the first half of 2017, ODI from China was 48.2 billion USD, down 45.8% from the previous year. One of the main reasons is the tighter capital control policy adopted from the end of 2016. However, the trend of Chinese companies investing overseas will continue.
As Chinese companies become more experienced in overseas business, the quality and sustainability of Chinese ODI will improve.The UK’s decision to leave the EU may have brought some uncertainty, but the depreciation of the pound has attracted international investors and the UK remains a top destination for Chinese investors. With its vibrant and open economy, world class research and innovation capability and high complementarity with Chinese industries, the UK is an ideal partner for Chinese companies. British companies are also well-positioned to work with Chinese counterparts in developing third markets.
The annual CBBC China outbound Conference has become a flagship event in the UK-China investment community. Last year’s conference in Shanghai attracted over 450 delegates, of which around 200 were Chinese investors from state owned enterprises and listed companies. Nearly 100 projects were promoted at the conference, alongside one-to-one match-making sessions.
This year, the conference will move to Shenzhen. With over 400 listed companies, Shenzhen has one of the most vibrant economies in China. Delegates will have opportunity to learn about the latest investment policies, new trends in key industries, and to hear case studies of successful investmesnts in the UK.This year, CBBC will be arranging project pitches and one-to-one meetings between project owners and financial and professional services companies/investors on the morning of the second day. Delegates will also have the opportunity to visit some of Shenzhen’s best known and most successful companies.
- 28th November: Networking Reception (Click here for detials)
- 29th November: Whole day Conference (Click here for detials)
- 30th November: Business matching, project pitches, FPS 1-2-1 advisory sessions, project owners and investors 1-2-1 meetings, company visits (Click here for detials)
Click here for full programme details.Conference Themes
|Investment Opportunities in High-tech and New Technologies||
|Financial Service Industries||
|Life Sciences and Healthcare||
|Consumption and Creative Industries||
|Hong Kong’s Role in Chinese Outbound Investment||
|Project Pitches: Project Owners/FPS Meeting with Investors||
Who Will Attend?
- Chinese companies interested in learning about key industries, development and trends in the UK
- Chinese companies interested in investment opportunities in the UK
- Chinese companies keen to learn about how and where to invest in the UK
- Chinese firms interested in partnering with leading UK companies to do projects overseas
- British companies seeking partners for cooperation at home or abroad
- Chinese and British professional and financial service providers
- British cities, regional inward investment promotion agencies and local government departments
Review - China Outbound Conference 2016