Trade Commodity Codes Training Course
Understanding and application of commodity and tariff codes is fundamental for customs compliance. Identifying and using the right codes is important for establishing duty rates, origin of goods, reporting for Intrastat, export and import documentation and many additional customs procedures.
Commodity codes classify your goods so that export/import declarations can be completed. They are used to check if there's duty or VAT to pay and find out about duty reliefs.
The aims of the Trade Commodity Course is as follows :-
- To understand the purpose of Trade Commodity Codes
- Understand how the codes are made up and structured - what it all means
- How a Trade Commodity Code is built
- To help individuals find the appropriate Trade Commodity Codes
- Provide ideas of ways to find the right Commodity Codes
- Provide guidance as to how to find the appropriate code for goods that are hard to classify
- Help delegates awareness of things they should consider in relation to deciding on a Trade Commodity Code
This half day course will be delivered virtually (subject to change) with our trainer through Teams. We will send you the joining link, instructions, and your assessment to complete digitally in good time prior to the course date. The day will be broken up with plenty of comfort breaks and you will have ample time to ask all the questions you need.
We offer a 5% discount on all block bookings of 6 courses.
For more information please email Bethany Baines on the Events team on email@example.com