Future and Current Skills in the Workplace
This fantastic event is being held at the Edmunds Restaurant, at West College in Bury St. Edmunds on Friday 4th October, this may be the most informative and tasty breakfast you have ever had.
You will hear about the latest and future developments in education, workplace skills and training available to businesses small and large. You will also hear from businesses and individuals who have benefited from these opportunities recently. Investing in training can benefit an organisation greatly, including:
- Increased productivity
- Staff retention and less expenditure on recruitment
- Better staff morale and better attendance rates.
The agenda and speakers are listed below, but it really will highlight:
- What is the current situation for training and what the future holds
- Learn about the support and advice is available for businesses
- Understand the different funding and training opportunities available
- Hear from companies and individuals who have reaped the benefits of investing in training
- Have an opportunity to ask questions.
Agenda and Timings for the Day
7:30am Arrival, breakfast and networking
8:00am Welcome, Introductions
8:05am Update from West Suffolk College - Phil Stittle, Executive Director of Business Development, West Suffolk College
8:15am Skills for Business - The Opportunities Available and its Importance to Business - Dean Pierpoint, Skills Adviser, New Anglia Growth Hub
8:25am Case Study - Oliver Jones - Plandascil
8:35am Case Study: Effie Burrell - East of England Co-Op
8:45am Questions and Answers
9:00am Event Close
This event is in partnership with West Suffolk College as part of the West Suffolk Business Festival.
Funded by the European Regional Development (ERDF) Fund, this rare opportunity is free to attend!