First Aid for Mental Health (1 day)
Course Title: First Aid for Mental Health - 1 Day
The 1 day course includes a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. This course expands on the effects of drugs and alcohol, incorporates the First Aid for Mental Health Action Plan and covers ways in which a positive mental health culture can be supported within a workplace.
Learners must be at least 14 years old on the first day of the training. There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that Learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or equivalent.
A range of methods are used, including practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice).
· About mental health and stress in the workplace
· About First Aid Mental Health
· Action planning for using First Aid Mental Health
· Anxiety disorders
· Applying the First Aid Mental Health action plan
· Building a mentally healthy workplace
· Drugs and alcohol
· Early warning signs of mental ill health
· First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
· Identifying mental health conditions
· Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
· Providing advice and starting a conversation
· Stigma and discrimination
Duration: 1 Day