Notice of 128th Annual General Meeting & Agenda
11 May 2011
Notice is hereby given that the 128th Annual General Meeting of the Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Shipping Incorporated, will be held at Fynn Valley Golf Club, Witnesham, Nr Ipswich, IP6 9JA at 2pm on Monday, June 25th 2012
- Adoption of Minutes of the 127th AGM held on 27th June 2011
- Adoption of President’s & Chief Executive’s Reports from 127th AGM
- Auditor’s Report, Accounts and Balance Sheet for Year Ending 31st December 2011
- Special Resolution: Articles of Association
- Election of Honorary Officers
- Election of new Executive Board Directors
- Ordinary Resolution: Auditors
- Special Business - Ordinary Resolution: Subscriptions Rates
- Chief Executive's Verbal Report
- President's Verbal Report
It is anticipated the AGM should last no longer than 25 minutes.
The full Agenda, Suffolk Chamber’s Directors’ Report and Financial Statements for Year Ended 31 December 2011, Minutes of the 127th AGM to be approved and adopted at the meeting, are available to view in the password protected Members’ area of this website.
If you would like to attend the Business Networking Lunch and AGM on the 25th June, please click here.
11 Mar 2015
28 Jan 2015
Chamber members are invited to join us on Wednesday 28 January from 2.00 until 5.15.
Aimed at business owners and managers of SMEs and useful for start-ups.
26 Jan 2015
The rules on employing ex-offenders
Public opinion is driving Ched Evans' future but employers must follow set principles
The controversy surrounding the football clubs who have attempted to sign Ched Evans, the former Sheffield United striker convicted of rape, highlights the difficulties of recruiting a high profile personality with a conviction. In his case, the impact of sponsors, fans and public opinion were relevant, and while this won’t happen in most employment situations, there are many issues that employers do need to be aware of in the law relating to employing ex-offenders.