Suffolk b2b Mentoring
Suffolk Chamber of Commerce represents business from grassroots to Government, and has grown to become the largest independent private sector forum in the County. The Chamber is active in addressing local concerns and barriers to business success. Amongst the barriers highlighted is business knowledge and support for start-up companies in Suffolk. Suffolk b2b Mentoring is a scheme created to build confidence and overcome the barriers faced by local businesses.
Mentoring is an effective personal development and empowerment tool and it’s a successful way of helping people to progress in their business. It is a partnership between two people and is a helpful relationship based upon mutual trust and respect.
A mentor is a guide who can help the mentee to find the right direction and who can help them to develop solutions to their business issues. Mentors rely upon having had similar experiences to gain an empathy with the mentee and an understanding of their issues.
We want to provide additional support in providing participants with start-up businesses the opportunity to be paired up with an existing Chamber member under our Chamber mentoring scheme.
Mentoring isn’t just a one way street, it’s very much a ‘win win’ situation as both parties benefit from the new business relationship in many ways.
Suffolk b2b Mentoring structure
- EEP information pack sent to both mentor and mentee.
- Initial face to face meeting held between mentor and mentee.
- Mentor carries out a full review of business to understand its workings.
- Agree scope for relationship. Mentee sets specific achievable targets and timetable.
- Once agreed send to Nicola Pratt at Chamber of Commerce.
- Mentor allocates 1 hour per week to speak to mentee at an agreed time.
- Mentor and mentee may agree to meet up once per month for an hour.
- Mentors and Mentees will have their own profile in the Suffolk b2b Mentoring section.
- Each month a progress report is sent to Nicola Pratt at Chamber of Commerce.
- Mentee has access to mentors network of contacts and expertise.
- Relationship can be terminated by either party when they consider it has run its course.
- Relationship lasts for a minimum of 3 months but if both parties agree a longer timetable, then it would be up to both parties to discuss a chargeable fee.
If you would be interested in becoming a Chamber Mentor or Mentee, please complete the form below:
8209 Chamber Mentor Leaflet 503.97 kB
For more information please do not hesitate in contacting me:
EEP & Membership Co-ordinator