Authorised Economic Operator Training Course
Why should a business consider obtaining AEO status?
With the arrival of Brexit many Businesses are becoming increasingly concerned at the possible ramifications of having to Customs clear their goods when they are buying and/or selling into or out of the EU. Whilst this would almost certainly mean additional administration and cost, the other concern is whether their goods might be delayed on leaving or entering the EU.
Achieving Authorised Economic Status (AEO) is one way to mitigate this risk as it is a benefit to holders of this Accreditation that their goods are given priority treatment when they pass through Customs borders. It may also mean reduced Customs administration and associated costs when buying/selling not just to/ from the EU but across the globe
This one-day course is designed to help businesses understand why there might be a benefit in achieving AEO Status, which include;
- Internationally recognised Quality Mark
- Shows " The World " that your role in the International Supply Chain is secure
- Shows a business has efficient customs controls and procedures that meet EU standards
- The application process for any Simplified Customs Procedures is likely to be easier and quicker
- HMRC may accept reduced Customs Comprehensive Guarantees for deferred Customs Duty and VAT therefore saving money.
Who is AEO status for?
Any business involved in the international supply chain that carries out customs related activities in the EU can apply for AEO status, regardless of their size.
Attending this Course will help you :-
- Understand the advantages of AEO status and the types of AEO status a business can apply for
- Gain an understanding on how to achieve and maintain AEO status
- See the application process – from the applicant right through to HMRC
- Understand the criteria for acceptance of AEO status
- Run through of the application forms.
This course will be delivered virtually (subject to change) with our trainer through Teams. We will send you the joining link, instructions, and your assessment to complete digitally in good time prior to the course date. The day will be broken up with plenty of comfort breaks and you will have ample time to ask all the questions you need.
We offer a 5% discount on all block bookings of 6 courses.
For more information please email Bethany Baines on the Events team on firstname.lastname@example.org