Funding for upskilling and recruitment
- If you'd like to upskill your workforce with a little help, the Pathways Training Fund can cover up to 75% of your staff training costs.
- Do you work in the Energy, Construction, IT & Digital, Science, Engineering, Manufacturing, Ports Logistics, Food Production or Processing sectors, and are looking to address the skills gap in your business? You can upskill your workforce and engage with new clients with the help of a training grant from the Supply Chain Skills Development Fund, match-funding up to 50% of costs.
- Looking to recruit? The Pathways 50+ programme offers Norfolk and Suffolk businesses grants worth £1,950 to support the recruitment of a person aged 50+ with the creation of a work placement.
Funding for innovation, growth and projects
From the Small Grant Scheme, with grants from £1,000 to £25,000, to the Growth Through Innovation Fund, our New Anglia Growth Hub team has a number of business grants available that could help towards funding projects or existing developments. To speak to an adviser email email@example.com.
Are you ready for growth? Businesses in Babergh and Mid Suffolk are invited to apply to participate in a fully-funded business accelerator programme to work with the University of Essex to take the next steps towards innovation.
Our Growth Hub Scale Up New Anglia programme provides a fully funded programme of support for business owners and leaders who are scaling up their business.
Energy Bill Relief Scheme: help for businesses and other non-domestic customers
The scheme will provide energy bill relief for non-domestic customers in Great Britain. Discounts will be applied to energy usage initially between 1 October 2022 and 31 March 2023.
The scheme will be available to everyone on a non-domestic contract including:
- voluntary sector organisations, such as charities
- public sector organisations such as schools, hospitals and care homes
- on existing fixed price contracts that were agreed on or after 1 December 2021
- signing new fixed price contracts
- on deemed / out of contract or variable tariffs
- on flexible purchase or similar contracts
Community Action Suffolk has compiled a list of support, advice and funding specifically for the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprises sector, including their Funding 4 Suffolk search tool that allows you to search for funding opportunities easily.
Go green with help from the Suffolk Climate Action Community Match Funder scheme! The fund assists charities and other not-for-profit organisations who wish to deliver community-based carbon reduction projects that contribute to Suffolk’s Climate Emergency Plan.
Anglian Water support package for customers
Suffolk Chamber patrons, Anglian Water, have recently launched a support package for customers including discounted tariffs on water bills of up to 50 per cent for eligible customers, temporary payment plans, forgiveness schemes, payment breaks in certain circumstances, and also includes direct support through the Anglian Water Assistance Fund, which is specially designed to help cover the cost of bills when people are going through the most challenging times.
The water company is encouraging any customers who are struggling to contact them via their website, Twitter or Facebook accounts or calling their Extra Care Team directly on 0800 169 3630.
Support with debt and money management
Business Debt Line, a sister company of the National Debtline, is a charity that offers independent debt advice for small business owners over the phone and online. For free support, please call 0800 197 6026.
Barclays have launched its Business Money Management page which has advice on managing cashflow and adapting to challenges.